Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

Well, I got myself this year. I mistakenly thought that I would receive my profit sharing check today since it is the first day of the quarter. April Fools! It's not coming til the 10th. After some calls this morning we managed to get the automatic payments put off so I don't bounce things, whew.

Then I got home and there was no cable, not even a signal. It turns out that the cable guys were here today to disconnect the apartment upstairs, but instead they disconnected the whole building. April Fools! I managed to thoroughly convince the cable rep that they screwed up and they needed to fix it tonight, instead of tomorrow like they told my wife. An hour later - wallah - cable and internet. Otherwise I would not be blogging right now.

So this year, the joke's on me.

I found a qoute today that strikes me as roguish so here -


Quotable Rogue:

Virtue is its own punishment.
- Aneurin Bevan

No comments: