Monday, March 31, 2008

WTF/AFK?

I just spent about a week with very limited internet, so I am glad to be back!

Not too much has been going on. We got out for a little while this last weekend. It was nice seeing folks that I hadn't seen for a bit. I went through my drawers some and uncovered some long lost t-shirts. Otherwise it was a quiet weekend.

I am getting more excited with the warmer weather. I have had visions of fishing and grilling. It should be a lot more fun this summer with Heidi's sis living so close to us all. That reminds me that I have to go get my fishing license though!

I have also been really itching to try brewing my first batch of beer. I have been waiting to buy ingredients until I had a little bit of cash, which may not be anytime soon unfortunately. I think I am going to make a cherry wheat the first time out and hopefully it doesn't suck. If I manage to not kill it I will try a specialty for my father-in-law's birthday.

Speaking of homebrewing, I saw this article about archeobrews. I must admit that the Midas Touch sounds interesting. I have been sampling a lot of different types of brews recently. Schell's Maifest is probably the best of what I have sampled lately.

On the weightloss front, I am hanging at a solid 20 lb loss right now. I think I may have hit a small plateau, but it has only been a week, so i am not going to worry yet.

I hope everyone enjoys April Fool's Day.


Quotable Rogue:

KLEPTOMANIAC, n. A rich thief.
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

No comments: