Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quick Hits

Just posting a couple quick things.

I tested the mead I made a month ago yesterday. I have completed fermentation in one month. I am very happy about this. It started off with a specific gravity of 1.083 and was at 1.000 when I tested it. This makes it right at 11% ABV. I will rack it off the lees and let it age for a few months now. This will give the yeast that are still in suspension time to finish off the acetaldehyde to tame the green apple taste and mellow the alcohol taste since it is kinda hot right now. I think I may put half of it on fruit too, but finding quality fruit at this time of year is tough, so I may have to wait on that.

Hockey season is over. Syd's team won their final game. I missed it due to work, but I hear she had a good clear out during the game. All that is left is the year end banquet and the game against the parents, which I will not be participating in. Syd has been talking about playing softball, so we'll see if we can't get her into a league.

Ian is still excited for the choir trip. We are in a holding pattern pretty much until he leaves for DC. Once he gets back his priority (other than his grades) will be finding a job. I have not informed him of this yet however, LOL.

I need to sit down and pull the video off the camera that I have of Ian's choir and Syd's hockey. It just so tedious I have not been able to motivate myself to do it yet.

The soda making was a pretty good experience. We put 8 two liter bottles of cherry soda and 2 two liter bottles of grape soda into the fridge in the garage. Should be ready to try next week.

I saw this quotable rogue and am posting it here to save it, though I think I may already have it somewhere:

Behind every great fortune there is a crime.
- Honore de Balzac
ttfn

No comments: