Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day

My son picked today to miss the bus, so I got up and drove him to school. Since I was out and about early and it is payday, I decided to get my errands run early this morning. By the time I got back home it was over an hour from when I left.

Heidi was wondering what took me so long at the school. I grumbled a bit and then started into a story about how I had been pulled over by the police. I told her that when they looked up my address that the database had our old neighbor that was arrested a few weeks ago as our address and had alerted them that it was a suspected drug activity area and that they had detained me for suspected drug activity and I had to wait while they searched my truck from top to bottom. Then they had let me go after they found nothing. She was looking at me with a very worried look on her face and before she could ask too many questions I told her, "Happy April Fool's Day hon."

Judging by her comments I am apparently still an asshole.

Happy April Fool's Day to you all.

Brewing notes to follow later.

Quotable Rogue:

“There must be some kind of way out of here,”
Said the joker to the thief.
- Bob Dylan

No comments: