Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hell-o

So last night I stood deathwatch over our family dog. It seems that an entire batch of chocolate cookie batter was thrown out in the trash. I had taken the full trash out of the closet we keep it in as I had been doing some cleanup. Meanwhile, the children had failed to feed the dog last night. The combined result was the dog ingesting about double the lethal dose of chocolate.

6 rounds of dog puking (about the entire batch came up) and nearly a dozen trips outside insued. About 5 this morning I passed out in the chair. This morning the dog is better and we have not had loss of motor control or convulsions, so the prognosis is guarded. It takes up to 24 hours for the full spectrum to present, but normally less. She has been very tired, but did try to chase down squirrels this morning, so I am taking that as a good sign.

Thanks to Digg I saw this on YouTube and just had to give the link for it here. Yngwie has not aged well but still blisters! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpDblDia5TE if the link won't work for you)

Oh, saw a great quotable rogue, so I am going to include it here so I don't lose it -

The big thieves hang the little ones.
Czech Proverb

ttfn

No comments: